Infinity Health Pharmacy is proud to be the preferred pharmacy for Toronto's professional sports teams including the Toronto FC, Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, Raptors, and Argonauts. We work closely with team physicians, head athletic therapists, athletes, and even the "weekend warrior" to find cutting edge solutions for pain and injury.
Personalized Prescription Compounding - The Best Way To Get Back In The Game!
- Just like a marathon runner or a hockey player require different training programs, their body types may require different amounts of medication to speed recovery or treat muscle pain. Yet commercially available products often come in a limited variety of strengths. Compounding offers a way to calibrate the exact amount of medication to a certain need and body type, resulting in optimal performance.
- Our compounding pharmacists are able to customize a prescription, in the best dosage strength and delivery format to meet the specific needs of each individual.
- Another important benefit is the compounding pharmacist's ability to alter the delivery system of medications. Capsules and tablets taken orally must pass through a patient's digestive tract before making their way into the system. For anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxants and other medications, this can result in gastrointestinal side effects. Topical medications allow the drug to bypass the gastrointestinal tract and potentially minimize those side effects.
- Compounding pharmacists can prepare custom topical creams, transdermal gels or solutions that may not be commercially available. By treating the pain at its trigger point, relief and recovery can be strengthened.
- We also stock many braces, and sports injury products.